When burned with boiling water at home, the most important thing is a quick response to the situation. It is the ability to adequately react and provide proper first aid after a skin burn with boiling water that determines in the future how deep the burn lesion will be and to what extent it will spread.
In most cases, such burns occur favorably and do not cause serious consequences. In mild cases, they pass on their own in a couple of days.
What to do when burned with boiling water?
With a slight degree of burn you need to focus on the general condition of the victim. If a person boiled over with boiling water is able to adequately perceive what is happening, the first thing to do is to cool the burn surface with cool water.
Keep the burn place under water should be ten to twenty minutes. This action will prevent the spread of the wound surface and alleviate the condition of the victim. The third and fourth degrees of burns are serious lesions, so medical help is needed immediately.
What not to do?
It is not necessary to pierce or cut through the formed blisters, this may lead to the occurrence of infection on the damaged skin tissues.
You can not sprinkle burnt places with starch, lubricate them with vegetable oil and burn with alcohol, iodine and other tanning substances, since their effect slows down the healing process and increases pain.
If the burns are too deep, do not try to clean the wound from fragments of clothing or other contaminants.
First aid for boiling water burns
First aid measures for boiling water burns should be truly urgent. The timeliness of their delivery will determine the severity of the process and its consequences. Do not panic, who would not have this trouble.
Only a clear sequence of actions can help combat the prevention of serious complications. It consists of the following events:
- Immediately take off the clothes on which boiled water has fallen, in order to exclude its sticking to the skin and to avoid the burning sensation produced by it.
- Place a burned skin area under a stream of cool tap water or in a container with water. This will remove pain and avoid the spread of burns.
- It is advisable to treat the burn site with any anti-burn agent. If he was not in the home first-aid kit, then it is worth going to the pharmacy and buying Panthenol.
- If it is not possible to complete the previous item, then it is worth bandaging the wound with a sterile bandage. In the extreme case, use another material, only by all means iron it with a hot iron.
- For large or deep burns, accompanied by severe pain, pain medication is indicated.
After first aid, it is necessary to assess the degree of skin lesions, this will allow you to understand how to treat a burn with boiling water at home, and select special ointments and other means for blistering.
Official medicine divides boiling water burns into 4 degrees. Consider each of them:
- A first-degree burn is characterized by slight redness and swelling at the site of the lesion; sometimes small blisters can form.
- For degree 2 burns, redness and the appearance of edema are also characteristic; this is also a superficial burn lesion, but in the second degree blisters are almost always formed and a thin scab is formed.
- Burn 3 degrees are characterized by a deep lesion, which can reach the muscles, there is always a scab, and the blisters instantly burst.
- The 4th degree burn comes to the bone, the surface tissues and skin are subject to necrosis. With such a burn, charring and blackening of body tissues can be diagnosed.
So, if the degree of burn 1 or 2, you can get home treatment. But at the same time, the extensiveness of the burn should be no more than 1% of the body area (approximately no more than the area of the victim’s palm).
With the defeat of the hand, foot, face, genital organs, even with the first and second degrees of burn, it is better to consult a doctor, as there may be problems with scarring of these parts of the body. If the degree of burn is higher, an ambulance must be called, the sooner the better.
Ointment for burns with boiling water with blisters
Medications prevent deep spread of burns in the skin layers, relieve swelling and pain. The following drugs and ointments that have been proven to be used with boiling water burns are:
- Panthenol - perfectly forms and restores damaged mucous membranes and skin, and also has metabolic and regenerating effects on damaged tissues. It relieves pain and burning very well.
- One of the modern ointments for burns with boiling water is Sulfargin. It contains silver ions, perfectly copes with wounds of various nature, quickly and painlessly.
- Levomekol - applied by applying ointment on a gauze bandage, and only then directly on the burn. Such a bandage should be changed every 20 hours - during this time, swelling noticeably disappears from the site of the burn and purulent masses are removed (if they took place).
- Olazol has been using specialized centers for more than 30 years. This spray contains antiseptic and anesthesin, helps to quickly deal with the effects of burn injury.
These funds are intended for the treatment of burns of 1 and 2 degrees. In case of severe burns, treatment is carried out exclusively by a doctor. He does:
- antiseptic treatment of the skin around the burn area;
- removal of dead epithelium and remnants of clothing;
- cutting bubbles of large sizes to empty them and speed up wound healing;
- dressing with bactericidal ointment, which should be changed every 2-3 days until complete
- healing (you can do it at home).
For severe burns, antishock therapy is performed, and, if necessary, surgical treatment, which includes the excision of necrotic areas, the closure of the skin defect and plastics.
How to treat a burn with boiling water at home
Not all suitable expensive medications. In such cases, good folk remedies for burns with boiling water will be useful.
- Aloe lotion: Take a few leaves of aloe, chop them and squeeze the juice. Moisten gauze or bandage and attach to the site of the burn. You can use the plant without squeezing the juice - just by cutting the sheet along and attaching it to the wound.
- You need to beat a chicken egg and apply it on the affected area. First there will be a burning sensation, after a minute it will be easier. The method is valued for the fact that, even if the burn is strong, there are no wounds and blisters after its application.
- Carrot Juice You need to finely grate the carrot or chop it in a blender. Put the mass on a gauze cloth and apply to the damaged area. You need to change the compress every 2 hours. Carrots will secrete juice. It is very important that it gets exactly on the burned area.
- Sulfur and propolis. Mix 100 grams of butter, unrefined vegetable oil, boiled lard (interior), beeswax and another 10 grams of propolis, put on low heat. Sulfur wrap in cheesecloth and put in the brew. After 15 minutes, remove from heat, strain. Lubricate the burn four times a day.
- Plantain. Freshly harvested leaves are what help to heal burnt areas of skin. Before using the leaves, they must be washed with boiling water and cool.
- Brew tea (black or green) and then cool it. Apply cold tea leaves to the burn site and top them with a gauze bandage dipped in tea leaves. Do a similar compress 7-8 times a day.
Home treatment with traditional methods is carried out only with first-degree burns, since self-treatment of more serious skin lesions is fraught with complications that will lead to an ugly scar.