Ascofen is a combined anti-prescription analgesic.
Due to its constituent components, it has an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and psychostimulant effect.
On this page you will find all the information about Askofen-P: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Askofen-P. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Analgesic antipyretic combined composition.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Askofen-P cost? The average price in pharmacies is at 45 rubles.
Release form and composition
Askofen-P is available in tablets, each of which contains:
- Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid): acting on prostaglandins - active substances that increase the sensitivity of the receptors, it anesthetizes, reduces the temperature and has an anti-inflammatory effect. The drug prevents blood clots, "dilutes" the blood. The content of aspirin in 1 tablet of ascophen is 200 mg.
- Caffeine (40 mg in 1 tablet). Enhances the analgesic effect of the first two drugs; stimulates the respiratory and vasomotor centers of the brain, contributing to the improvement of physical and mental activity. Expands blood vessels, prevents adhesion of platelets in the blood.
- Paracetamol. It also has antipyretic and analgesic effects; Especially effective in combination with acetylsalicylic acid. The quantitative content in askofen is the same, and the total dosage of the two drugs in the complex does not exceed the indicated doses for monotherapy.
Acetylsalicylic acid inhibits the process of biosynthesis of mediators of pain and inflammation - prostaglandins, thereby reducing the swelling and severity of pain in diseases of inflammatory genesis. This substance is able to slow down the aggregation of platelets, which reduces the risk of thrombus formation, but increases the likelihood of bleeding.
Caffeine has psychostimulating and vasodilating properties. This component normalizes the tone of the cerebral vessels, accelerates blood flow, reduces the feeling of physical and mental fatigue and stimulates the respiratory center. The substance enhances the effect of the remaining ingredients.
Analgesic and antipyretic properties of acetylsalicylic acid enhances phenocetin. Paracetamol present in Askofen-P non-selectively blocks the enzyme cyclooxygenase, which contributes to a decrease in prostaglandin production. It also directly affects the hypothalamic center of thermoregulation. Its advantage over phenocetin is that methemoglobin is not formed in the process of metabolism.
Indications for use
What helps Askofen in pill form? The drug is recommended for:
- pains with rheumatism;
- painful menstruation;
- myalgia of various etiologies;
- fever that accompanies the flu and ARVI.
Medical drug Askofen-P acts like a classic Aspirin, provides a moderate anesthetic effect, stabilization of temperature.
The use of Askofen-P is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Avitaminosis K;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, including - "aspirin" asthma;
- Ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Renal failure;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Severe arterial hypertension;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Children's age up to 15 years.
Askofen-P should be used with caution in diseases of the liver and gout.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Admission Askofen during pregnancy, especially in the I and III trimesters, is strictly prohibited. In case of emergency, a single dose of Askofen during pregnancy in the second trimester is permissible. According to researchers, the use of the drug in early pregnancy often causes malformations of the fetus, namely, such pathologies as cleft lip or cleft palate, which is characterized by splitting of the upper palate.
Using Askofen in pregnancy for more than 25 weeks can lead to a decrease in labor. Also Askofen adversely affects the child, causing closure of the venous duct, which contributes to the development of pulmonary artery hyperplasia and vascular hypertension in the circulatory system.
If necessary, the use of the drug during lactation should stop breastfeeding. Acetylsalicylic acid is excreted in breast milk, which increases the risk of bleeding in a child due to dysfunction of platelets.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that they take Askofen-P orally after meals, 1-2 tablets 2-3 times / day.
- The maximum daily dose is 6 tablets.
- The break between taking the drug should be at least 4 hours.
- To reduce the irritating effect on the gastrointestinal tract, the drug should be taken after meals with water, milk, alkaline mineral water.
In case of impaired renal or liver function, the interval between doses is at least 6 hours.
The drug should not be taken more than 5 days when prescribed as an anesthetic and more than 3 days as an antipyretic. Other doses and regimens are determined by the doctor.
Taking the drug can contribute to the development of such undesirable side reactions: erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, vomiting, tachycardia, increased blood pressure, bronchospasms, allergic manifestations.
Prolonged use of pills can trigger the development of dizziness, headache, blurred vision, tinnitus, bleeding gums, nosebleeds.
An overdose of Ascofen-P is manifested by stomach pain, hearing / vision impairment and indigestion. If the dosage of this drug has been exceeded significantly, coma is possible.
In case of poisoning of the body with this drug, it is necessary to immediately flush the stomach and conduct symptomatic therapy.
Aspirin has a teratogenic effect, when applied in the first trimester, it leads to splitting of the upper palate, in the third - to the closure of the arterial duct in the fetus and inhibition of labor activity. Acetylsalicylic acid is excreted in breast milk and impairs the function of platelets, resulting in increased risk of bleeding in a child, and therefore Askofen-P is forbidden to take during breastfeeding.
- The drug enhances the action of steroid hormones, indirect anticoagulants, heparin, reserpine, hypoglycemic drugs, reduces the effectiveness of antihypertensive drugs, furosemide, spironolactone and anti-arthritic drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid.
- With prolonged use of Askofen-P, it is necessary to monitor the peripheral blood picture and the functional state of the liver.
- With the simultaneous use of Askofen-P with ethanol increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and hepatotoxic effects, therefore during the period of treatment should refrain from the use of alcohol-containing beverages.
- If a patient who is taking Askofen-P has to undergo a surgical operation, he should warn the doctor about it, because acetylsalicylic acid slows down the blood clotting process.
- All drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid are contraindicated in children up to 15 years of age because, in the case of a viral infection, it can cause Reye's syndrome, a dangerous condition accompanied by prolonged vomiting, metabolic acidosis, hyperpyrexia, acute encephalopathy, enlarged liver, and impaired function.
The risk of side effects of Askofen-P increases with simultaneous use with other anti-inflammatory drugs and methotrexate.
Askofen-P reduces the therapeutic effect of indirect coagulants, reserpine, heparin, hypoglycemic drugs, steroid hormones, spironolactone, furosemide, hypotensive heart, anti-arthritic drugs that promote the excretion of uric acid.
Askofen-P enhances the toxic effect of GCS, sulfonylurea derivatives, methotrexate, non-narcotic analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
It is not recommended to combine the drug with barbiturates, antiepileptic drugs, zidovudine, rifampicin and alcohol.
Paracetamol is able to enhance the effect of anticoagulants.
According to numerous reviews, Askofen is a cheap, but at the same time effective drug that helps in the fight against pain and temperature. Many indicate that even with long-term use of the drug, its effectiveness does not decrease, however, they clarify that it should be taken periodically.
Specialists who also discuss the drug, note that its anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic abilities are equivalent. Also, doctors in various forums advise not to make premature conclusions regarding the side effects of the drug.
The following are effective medicines with a similar effect:
- Kofitsil plus;
- Migrenol Extra.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored out of reach of children at a temperature not higher than 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.