Afloderm is a glucocorticosteroid for external use.
The medicine is produced in two forms: cream and ointment. Often the question arises: Afloderm hormonal or not? Yes, the drug is a hormonal agent, so its use should be treated carefully, and the course of treatment should not last long.
On this page you will find all the information about Afloderm: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Afloderm ointment or cream. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Non-halogenated synthetic GCS for external use.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Afloderm? The average price in pharmacies is 450 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is made in two therapeutic forms - cream and ointment, which differ only in consistency, since the concentration of the active component in them is the same -0.05%.
- The cream has a more gentle light structure and is applied to areas of weeping lesions, damage with exudate, and is also used to treat the scalp.
- Ointment is a dense, oily, homogeneous substance of a pale yellow or whitish color, is used in therapy if the skin is overdried, and on the affected areas there are stumpy layers and crusts.
The active substance in both dosage forms is alclomethasone dipropionate, the amount of which in 1 gram of the finished product is 0.500 mg.
Auxiliary ingredients contained in 1 gram:
- Ointments: white soft paraffin, white beeswax, propylene glycol monopalmitostearate, hexylene glycol;
- Creams: Chlorocresol, macrogol cetostearate, phosphoric acid, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydroxide, cetostearyl alcohol and purified water are added to propylene glycol and soft paraffin.
Afloderm is a non-fluorinated synthetic glucocorticosteroid for external use.
Cream and ointment Afloderm possess antiproliferative, antipruritic, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory properties. The active substance of the drug (alklomethasone dipropionate) induces the synthesis of lipocortins (phospholipase A2 inhibitors), inhibits the synthesis of inflammatory mediators (prostaglandins and leukotrienes), inhibits the release of arachidonic acid from membrane phospholipids.
When applied to the affected surface of the skin in the inflammation, effective and rapid reduction of the severity of objective symptoms (lichenification, edema, erythema) and subjective sensations (pain, irritation, itching) is noted.
The absorption of afloderm through the skin depends on many factors (including its dosage form, the integrity of the skin) and may be enhanced against the background of the presence of other skin lesions.
Indications for use
The grounds for the appointment of the considered agent can be conditions associated with inflammatory processes of the skin and reacting to therapy with glucocorticosteroid agents, namely:
- atopic dermatitis;
- eczema and psoriasis;
- contact and allergic dermatitis, including reactions to the influence of physical factors from the outside;
- the occurrence of a skin reaction to an insect bite.
Also, the drug can be used as a preventive treatment in the presence of chronic skin diseases in order to minimize the risk of their exacerbation.
Skin tuberculosis, skin manifestations of syphilis, chicken pox, viral infections of the skin, skin reactions to vaccination, open wounds, trophic ulcers, rosacea, acne vulgaris, children up to 6 months, and increased sensitivity to alclomethasone.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Use during pregnancy is possible only when the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. In such cases, the application should be short and limited to a small area of skin.
Data on teratogenic effects are not available.
It is possible to use during lactation, but in such cases not to apply on the skin of the mammary gland before feeding.
Instructions for use
Afloderm is used in children from six months of age. In the skin folds, in place of diapers, an increased occlusal action is possible. Resorption of the drug in this case increases. The use of afloderm in children on areas of the body with a large length, due to increased permeability of the skin, can cause an increase in its serum concentration.
The instructions for use indicate that two or three times a day make applications with cream or ointment Afloderm, causing them to the skin lesions in a small layer. In children, a single use of Afloderm may occur in the regression of symptoms. In order to prevent recurrent or chronic disease, the drug is used for some time after the symptoms disappear.
In the absence of positive dynamics when using Afloderm for two weeks, you should consult a doctor.
Perhaps the combined use of ointment and cream Afloderm on certain parts of the body. For coarse and dry skin, it is recommended to focus on the ointment form; sensitive areas of the body are smeared with cream.
Side effects from the external use of Afloderma are extremely rare. Among them may be:
- prickly heat;
- burning and irritation of the skin;
In extremely rare cases, there are:
- stretch marks;
- dermal atrophy;
- allergic contact dermatitis;
In accordance with reviews of Afloderm, the use of the drug in excessive amounts may provoke the development of systemic side effects characteristic of glucocorticosteroid drugs.
- The drug is approved for use in young children. It should be remembered that in young children, skin folds and diapers can have an effect similar to that of an occlusive dressing, and increase, accordingly, the systemic absorption of the active substance.
- Children may have a greater degree of systemic absorption due to the ratio between the surface of the skin and body weight, as well as due to insufficient maturity of the epidermis. In this regard, long-term use in young children is possible only under the supervision of a physician.
- Avtoderm should be avoided on the skin in the eye area (due to the possible development of glaucoma and cataracts), as well as on open wound surfaces.
- If the course of the disease is complicated by the development of a secondary bacterial or fungal infection, then it is necessary to add a specific antibacterial or antimycotic agent.
We picked up some feedback from people about Afloderm:
- Annie With my daughter on HB, I have been suffering from dermatitis for 3 months, I am on a strict diet and there is no result. Yesterday we went to another dermatologist and she prescribed afloderm ointment, woke up this morning and no red spots about the miracle !!! Thanks Afloderm !!! ))))))))
- Marina. In general, an ointment or cream is a good tool, it helps a lot when used on the face, but for hands and other rough places it is rather weak.
- Victoria. We have been given this ointment for 3.5 months at the hospital. We smeared everything until it stopped, as soon as it stopped, everything poured out again (((((((((( 50 to 50. sat on a diet, now I pour my milk at all, this diathesis does not work ((((((((((.
Reviews of ointments and cream on the Internet can be found very different. Most people drug helps. Those who have tried cream or ointment Afloderm celebrate their rapid action and effectiveness. The beneficial effect of the tool is noticeable from the first days of use. Parents who used the medicine for children, reviews of Afloderma also leave positive.
In negative reviews, patients complain that the remedy is not suitable for inflammation in keratinized areas of the skin. However, there are almost no comments on adverse side effects.
Analogs on the action can be called:
- Triamcinolone triacort;
- Lokakorten, Lorinden (actinic component - flutameson);
- Hydrocortisone preparations - Cortiderm, Latikort, Lokoid;
- Polcortolone, Fluorocort with Triamcinolone;
- Clobetasol-based dermatove.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Expiration date - 3 years at a temperature up to 30 ° C.