Immunal (Immunal) - herbal medicinal product with antiviral, anti-inflammatory, immunostimulatory, as well as fungicidal effect.
The manufacturer of the drug is the pharmaceutical company "Lec Pharma" (Slovenia). The main active ingredient is Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea purpurea), which has long been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of infectious diseases.
On this page you will find all the information about Immunal: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Immunal. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Immunal? The average price in pharmacies is 350 rubles.
Release form and composition
Immunal preparation is available in the form of tablets for oral use in cardboard packs in blisters of 10 or 20 pieces with the attached detailed instructions. Tablets are round, brownish in color with a pronounced smell of vanilla.
- Immunal tablets contain an active ingredient - dried juice of Echinacea purpurea grass, as well as additional components: colloidal silicon dioxide, sodium saccharinate, magnesium stearate, lactose, vanillin, flavoring.
- The composition of the solution Immunal for oral administration includes the active ingredient - the juice of the herb Echinacea purpurea, as well as additional components: sorbitol, ethanol.
- Immunal Plus C as an active ingredient contains echinacea purpurea and ascorbic acid grass juice, as well as edetate disodium, potassium sorbate, maltitol (liquid), sodium hydroxide, water, flavoring.
Immunal is an immunostimulating drug for the manufacture of which plant raw materials were used.
Echinacea purpurea, the main active ingredient of the drug, has a rather rich composition and contains various active substances that strengthen and activate the body's natural defenses. The active substances contained in Echinacea purpurea, are effective stimulators of immunity and help to increase the number of leukocytes (granulocytes) and enhance phagocytosis. The use of the drug improves overall health and increases the body's resistance to disease. The drug inhibits the growth and reproduction of microorganisms.
During clinical studies, it was found that the herb Echinacea purpurea has an antiviral effect, is active in relation to the causative agents of herpes and flu.
Indications for use
Immunal prescribed for the prevention and treatment of viral infections. The main indications for appointment are:
- Intoxication of various origins.
- Prevention, treatment of influenza, ARVI during epidemics.
- Stimulation of immunity in herpes, ARVI, influenza.
- Frequent colds against a background of weakened immunity.
- Psycho-emotional overload.
- In the complex therapy of arthritis, bronchitis, pyelonephritis.
- In gynecology for the treatment of female pathology.
The solution is contraindicated for babies under 1 year old, tablets - for children under 4 years of age, as well as for patients with lactose intolerance. In addition, the simultaneous use of Immunal and antibiotic groups, in which cephalosporin acts as an active substance, is prohibited.
Children who are prone to allergic reactions should take this drug with extreme caution. It is not recommended to use Immunal as a treatment for patients with AIDS, tuberculosis, leukemia, multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug can enhance the contractile function of the uterus, so it is not recommended to prescribe it during pregnancy and lactation. A safer medicine, according to practitioners, for the treatment of viral infections in pregnant women and breastfeeding is Antigrippin agri (homeopathic), which has virtually no side effects.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Immunal should be used internally, regardless of the meal.
- Tablets: adults and adolescents over 12 years old are prescribed 1 tab. 3-4 times / day
- Solution for oral administration: before taking the right amount of the drug must be measured using the attached graduated dosing syringe and diluted in a small amount of water. Adults and adolescents over 12 years old should take 2.5 ml of oral solution 3 times / day.
For prophylaxis during the period of seasonal diseases and cold treatment, it is recommended to take the drug continuously for 10 days. Repeated courses are possible on the recommendation of a doctor after a 14-day break.
For treatment, the drug should be started at the first sign of a cold.
The drug is well tolerated by the vast majority of patients. In rare cases, the following side effects may develop during the use of the drug: hypersensitivity reactions, which are manifested by itching, skin rashes, swelling of the face, dizziness, shortness of breath, low blood pressure.
If the agent is applied for 8 weeks or more, leukopenia may develop.
There are no data on cases of overdose with pills, however, in order to avoid the development of the above side effects, it is not recommended to exceed the dose indicated in the instructions.
- The composition of the solution for oral administration includes 20% ethanol.
- If for 10 days the symptoms of the disease persist, you need to consult with the prescribing doctor.
- Before the start of Immunal in children under 12 years of age and patients with a history of allergic diseases and bronchial asthma, you should consult with your doctor.
When storing the solution for ingestion, dropping of flocculent sludge consisting of active polysaccharides is allowed. Before use, the bottle with the contents must be shaken thoroughly.
- When taken simultaneously with immunosuppressants - the mutual weakening of the action.
- Immunal oral solution contains ethanol, in connection with which the drug may enhance or alter the effect of other drugs.
- There are no reports of any clinically significant drug interaction in the form of tablets with other drugs.
Clinically significant drug interactions were observed with simultaneous use of ethanol even in small amounts with one of the following five cephalosporin derivatives: cefamandol, cefotetan, cefmenoxime, cefoperazone, moxalactam. The patient's reaction was characterized by redness of the face, nausea, increased sweating, headache, palpitations. In this regard, Immunal in the form of oral solution should not be used simultaneously with the indicated antibiotics. Taking Immunal in the form of an oral solution is possible only 3 days after the end of the course of treatment with the above-mentioned cephalosporin derivatives.
We picked up some reviews of people about the preparation Immunal:
- Love. I tried “Immunal” both as a means for prophylaxis and as an active additive in complex treatment. In my opinion, the effect is either completely absent or too invisible. I can not say that my immunity has increased. But this is my personal experience, perhaps this drug does not suit me. Very sad fact. I think to test Immunal once more - to drink this winter for prevention, I hope it will help to raise the tone and resistance to colds and viral diseases, and the last two years I have been sick very often in all seasons except summer, although the last summer was also sick.
- Angelina I came to the conclusion that it is better to restore immunity by nutrition: vegetables, fruits, boiled meat. I myself saw Immunal, tested before giving to the child. Drank the package - no sense. After that, I do not believe in the effect of immunomodulators.
- Nastya. My child is very painful, always has a cold and stays at home instead of going to kindergarten. Doctors advise Immunal to strengthen immunity - to give drops twice a year in a course of two months. I do not like that it contains ethanol, I consider it dangerous for a child’s body, therefore I am looking for a safe analogue ...
In the network there are different reviews about Immunal tablets and in the form of a solution. There are opinions that this remedy is a really effective preventive medicine. But some reviews about Immunal for children indicate that after taking the drug, the expected effect was not noted. Users also note that there are cheaper counterparts with the same effect on the body.
More budget alternatives can be found under the names:
- Echinacea (herb for brewing) (Russia) - 50 rubles;
- Echinacea extra capsules (Russia) - 85 rubles;
- Echinacea tincture (RF) - 160 rubles;
- Immunorm-Teva (Israel) - 175 rubles.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
- Pills - 3 years;
- Oral solution - 2 years.