Intrix is an antidiarrheal drug, in addition, it is able to inhibit the growth of microflora pathogenic to humans (bacteria, protozoa and yeast-like fungi) in the intestinal lumen.
It should be noted that taking this medicine does not affect the quantitative composition of the patient's normal microflora. The main active ingredient - tilikhinol, is a chemical derivative of hydroxyquinoline.
On this page you will find all the information about Intetrix: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Intetrix. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A drug with antibacterial, antiprotozoal and antifungal effects, a derivative of 8-hydroxyquinoline. Antidiarrheal drug
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is the intrix? The average price in pharmacies is 450 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Intetrix is available in the form of capsules for oral use in blisters of 10 or 20 pieces of 1-2 blisters in a carton box. Detailed instructions are attached to the medicine.
- The drug contains three active ingredients: tiliquinol, tilbroquinol and tiliquinol N-dodecyl sulfate. Auxiliary (inactive) ingredients include corn starch and lactose monohydrate.
Such components as indigotin, titanium dioxide, azorubine and gelatin are present in the body and caps of the capsule. The mass of the contents of the capsule is 420 mg.
Intrix is an antiparasitic, amebicidal agent.
- The intrix is effective against vegetative forms of amoebas, it also has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial (bactericidal and bacteriostatic) viral, E. coli III.B4, Salmonella enteritidis Danysz, Salmonella paratyphy B, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus sylphyscisciphen, aphischemic, aphisypathy, aphromatinus, aphromatinus, aphromatitis, aphromatinus, aphrobe, aphorone, aphorone, and a viral system. cholerae Inaba, Serratia marcescens and others, antifungal action against Candida albicans.
- The drug acts on Entamaeba histolytica trophozoites in their luminal form and cysts. The therapeutic effect in chronic amoebiasis is achieved due to the synergistic effect in the intestinal lumen of the three antiseptic components that make up the preparation.
The intrix does not cause the development of plasmid resistance of microorganisms and does not violate the normal intestinal microbiocenosis.
Indications for use
The drug is used to treat acute diarrhea of infectious genesis, it helps to treat chronic intestinal amebiasis, combining with drugs that have an effect on amoebic forms.
In addition, the drug is effective as a preventive agent in the treatment of diarrhea during visits to endemic regions and during various travels.
Capsules are not prescribed for the treatment of patients with the following conditions:
- Lactose intolerance;
- Symptom malabsorption;
- Age in children under 12 years;
- Severe disorders in the liver and kidneys in a patient;
- Individual hypersensitivity;
- Simultaneous use of drugs from the group of oxyquinolones;
- Period of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Today, the effect of the drug on the body of a pregnant woman is not known; therefore, it is advisable not to use the medicine during the pregnancy period and during breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the capsules are taken orally, as a whole, preferably at the beginning of a meal, drinking plenty of water.
- Single dose - 2 capsules, the multiplicity of reception - 2 times a day (in the morning and evening).
The duration of therapy is up to 10 days.
When taking medication, unwanted skin reactions in the form of urticaria, Quincke puffiness, also pigmenting erythema, were observed. If you use the medicine for a long time, peripheral neuropathy may occur, which goes into an optic nerve disorder.
Sometimes the transaminase content may increase.
So far, no cases of overdose have been reported.
With the occasional use of the drug in a high dose, careful monitoring of the level of hepatic transaminases in the blood plasma, as well as the level of prothrombin is necessary.
With an increase in the level of transaminases, especially with liver failure, it is necessary to discontinue the drug treatment.
Prolonged use of Intetrix is inappropriate because of the risk of peripheral neuropathy.
Intetrix cannot be used simultaneously with drugs containing hydroxyquinolines.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Intetrix:
- Elina. I think a lot of people had problems and situations at rest, when diarrhea suddenly caught up ((((I was so pickled with fried mussels in a creamy sauce) were tasty, but since then I haven’t been eating mussels for some reason) I spent this wonderful dinner on the toilet almost until the morning. At first, I thought that the next day everything would pass, and the body would recover as usual, but it didn’t get any easier. I sent my husband to the pharmacy, he was advised by the intrimax. I eat mussels, but the intrimax is always in my medicine cabinet. It helped very quickly, already after ie the first reception I was much easier! And then everything returned to normal.
As a rule, the reviews about Intetrix are positive. Patients using this drug note that it is excellent for both serious diseases, such as amoebiasis, and common intestinal infections that cause diarrhea.
Intetrix has no complete structural analogues for the active substance. Incomplete counterparts in the pharmacological group (agents for the treatment of amebiasis):
- Ornisid Forte;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.