Linex Forte is a drug group probiotics.
As part of this tool there are lactic acid bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp., Which are components of the human intestinal microflora in normal conditions. These bacteria in the intestine inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria. This is due to several mechanisms of action. Due to their influence in the intestine pH decreases.
The drug normalizes the intestinal microflora, eliminating functional digestive disorders, diarrhea and other conditions caused by dysbiosis.
The drug that regulates the balance of intestinal microflora (probiotic).
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Linex Forte? The average price in pharmacies is 340 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in 3 medicinal types:
But most often used the last form of the drug. The instruction "Linex Forte" states that 12 million lactic acid microorganisms are contained in a single capsule:
- Streptococcus faecium.
- Lactobacillus acidophillus.
- Bifidobacterium infantis.
In the process of making the drug they are dried by vacuum freezing. Such bacteria are components of the normal microflora of the human intestine. This explains their beneficial effects. Once in the human body, they inhibit the development of pathogenic bacteria. In addition, the Linex Forte provides another positive effect on the body. The instructions indicate that the drug stimulates the immune system (specific and non-specific).
The drug contains and excipients. These are inulin with oligofructose, anhydrous glucose, potato starch, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide, and yellow iron oxide.
Linex and Linex Forte - which is better?
There are two types of this drug, the difference lies in the composition of the tablets. So, in the usual Linex contains three types of lactobacilli - Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus and Enterococcus, and the capsule marked Forte contains only two groups of beneficial microorganisms, but in double quantity. In addition, the bacterial strains themselves are different:
- for Linex is B. infantis;
- and B. animalis subsp. lactis - can only be found in Forte.
Similar differences can be found in the auxiliary components, but if we compare the means according to the type of classification, the main difference between conventional Linex is that this medicine is pure probiotic, and Forte synbiotic is a preparation that contains additional specific substrates necessary for nutrition and growth. bacteria.
This means that the usual Linex contributes to the colonization of the intestine with a wider range of representatives of the normal microflora, but it does it more slowly compared to Linex Forte. A Linex Forte works faster, but contributes to the colonization of the intestine with a smaller spectrum of beneficial bacteria.
Linex Forte - a drug that normalizes the intestinal microflora.
Each capsule contains 109 colony forming units of live lyophilized lactic acid bacteria Lactobacillus acidophilus (LA-5) and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (BB-12), which are a normal component of the natural intestinal microflora.
Lactic acid bacteria have protective, enzyme-producing and synthetic functions, i.e. they are involved in the synthesis of substances with antibacterial activity, hydrolysis of proteins, cellulose, starch and fats, deconjugation of bile acids, synthesis of organic acids, amino acids, vitamins B, C and K.
Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria due to the fact that:
- reduce the pH in the intestine;
- compete with pathogenic bacteria for nutrients;
- produce metabolites with toxic effects against pathogenic microorganisms;
- form antimicrobial substances and broad-spectrum bacteriocins that prevent the growth of fungi and bacteria;
- interact with adhesion receptors, thereby preventing the colonization of other potentially pathogenic microorganisms.
Indications for use
What does Linex help? In the annotation to the drug indicated that it is advisable to use during treatment or for the prevention of dysbiosis. In addition, this drug will help eliminate the symptoms associated with impaired microflora:
- nausea and vomiting;
- stomach cramps;
- bowel pain;
- allergic reactions caused by malfunction of the digestive tract.
The drug has small contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or lactic acid products;
- hereditary fermentopathy.
Patients suffering from diabetes or immunodeficiency should be careful when using the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Application for diarrhea during pregnancy and lactation should be carried out under medical supervision.
Since safety data for the use of the drug Linex Forte during pregnancy and lactation is insufficient, its use during these periods is not recommended.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate: Linex Forte is taken orally, preferably during or after meals. Capsules should be taken with a small amount of liquid. When prescribing the drug Linex Forte to children and patients who cannot swallow the capsule completely, it should be opened, pour the contents into a spoon and mix with a small amount of liquid.
- Adults and adolescents over 12 years old are prescribed 1 caps. 1-3 times / day
- Children aged 2 to 12 years - 1 caps. 1-2 times / day.
- Newborns and children under the age of 2 years - 1 caps. 1 time / day
Diarrhea in children under 6 years old must be treated under the supervision of a physician.
The duration of treatment depends on the cause of the development of dysbacteriosis and the individual characteristics of the organism. The drug Linex Forte can be taken until the symptoms of dysbacteriosis disappear.
Do not exceed the recommended dose of the drug.
Patient reviews claim that almost no one encountered undesirable reactions during treatment with the drug "Linex Forte." The instruction results in only one side effect that may occur in a patient. This is an allergic reaction.
However, it should be noted that such manifestations may occur in rare cases. And most often they are provoked by the patient's individual sensitivity to the remedy.
Cases of drug overdose are not described. If undesirable effects develop after an overdose, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you forget to take the capsules do not take a double dose of the drug in order to compensate for the missed dose. Continue treatment as usual.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- When treating diarrhea, it is necessary to replace lost fluid and electrolytes.
- Do not drink Linex Forte with hot drinks and take along with alcohol.
- There is no need for special precautions when destroying unused drug Linex Forte.
- The patient should consult a doctor if his body temperature is above 38 ° C, blood or mucus in the stool, diarrhea lasts more than 2 days and is accompanied by acute abdominal pain, dehydration and weight loss; and also in the presence of chronic diseases (diabetes mellitus, HIV infection).
No undesirable interaction of the drug Linex Forte with other drugs was noted.
With the simultaneous use of antibiotics, the recommended interval between taking the drug (antibiotic) and capsules Linex Forte should be 3 hours.
We picked up some reviews of people taking the drug Linex Forte:
- Marina. Of all the probiotics I have tried, Linex Forte turned out to be the most realistic. I had to take it to restore intestinal microflora. The result did not make me wait: the abdominal pain decreased within an hour, then the swelling passed, and after a couple of days, the intestinal condition began to improve significantly, as was shown by the analysis for dysbacteriosis. This drug has only two nuances: first, one capsule per day is enough only if you drink Linex to prevent dysbacteriosis. For treatment, you need two capsules. Secondly, the price is rather big. Good drugs are always worth the money.
- Nastya. Prescribed capsules to a child at 2.5 years for the treatment of dysbiosis. Of course the bacteria are all expensive, but they are worth it. Diet and treatment with bacteria for 0.5 months all fixed)
- Pasha. Our pediatrician always prescribes Linex Forte when treating children with antibiotics. Somehow there was not enough money to buy this drug, and an analogue was advised at the pharmacy. The child still suffered from diarrhea and abdominal pain. I had to go back and buy “Linex Forte”, as its effect occurs immediately after the first dose of the drug. At first the pain recedes, and then the stool gets better. Moreover, it is enough to drink one package, that is, simultaneously with antibiotics. Repeated treatment has not yet been carried out. Maybe some bacteria in this preparation and not enough, but it acts on all 100%.
According to most reviews, Linex Forte is an effective drug that restores the disturbed intestinal microflora, including when there are errors in nutrition and changing the kitchen when traveling, after taking various medications, including antibiotics. There are single reviews from patients who did not benefit from the drug, i.e., in their case, turned out to be ineffective.
The disadvantages of many include high cost.
Fortunately, the drug has analogues, and some of them are quite cheap.
- Florin Forte.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Hilak Forte or Linex?
Linex Forte capsules benefit in many respects against the background of various similar means, while with the usual version of Linex the situation is somewhat different. Many people wonder what the difference is between Hilak Forte and Linex, which of these remedies is better suited for treatment?
In fact, both drugs are often prescribed by doctors together. This is not surprising, since one of them is a probiotic, and the other is a prebiotic. Simply put, the main difference is that the first drug will deliver the nutrients to the microorganisms that are in the second drug.
This means that among these funds does not make sense to choose the best. They create a combination that is much more effective than the separate intake of a particular medicine. However, none of these funds can be attributed to cheap, their initial cost is about 250-300 rubles.
Linex Forte or Bifiform?
Linex Forte contains lactobacilli and bifidobacteria, and Bifiform - bifidobacteria and enterococci. Such a difference between the types of beneficial bacteria that make up the preparations also determines the different spheres of their use. Thus, Linex Forte is most effective for the treatment of dysbacteriosis and various acute or chronic intestinal lesions provoked by bacteria. And Bifiform is most effective for the treatment of dysbacteriosis, in which Candida fungi predominate, as well as candidiasis of the vagina or intestines.
Thus, Linex Forte is recommended to be taken in cases where dysbacteriosis is caused by a bacterial component. And Bifiform is optimal in cases when dysbacteriosis is combined with candida bowel or vagina.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Shelf life - 2 years.
Storage conditions: a place inaccessible to children with a temperature of up to 25 ° C.