Omez is an anti-ulcer drug that has a inhibitory effect on the stimulation of gastric acid secretion.
The effect appears one hour after ingestion, reaches its maximum after about two hours and persists for a day. A single dose is quite effective, as it completely suppresses the increased secretion of hydrochloric acid.
Of all the generics of omeprazole, Omez has proven to be highly effective, better tolerability and maximum price-performance ratio. Tablets drug is used inside without chewing. The duration of use and dosage of the drug depends on the disease.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Inhibitor H + -K + -ATP-ase. Anti-ulcer drug.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Omez cost in pharmacies? The average price in 2018 is at 75 rubles.
Release form and composition
Omez - hard transparent gelatin capsules, colorless body, pink cap, marking with black paint "OMEZ". The contents of the capsules are white or almost white granules. Contour cellular packaging, cardboard box
- The composition of the capsules includes the active ingredient omeprazole, as well as additional substances: sodium phosphate dibasic, sucrose, sodium lauryl sulfate, purified water.
The drug is also available in the form of a lyophilized powder, which is used to prepare a solution. It also contains the active ingredient omeprazole, as well as the ancillary substance anhydrous sodium carbonate.
The active substance of Omez has an anti-ulcer effect, reducing the level of basal and stimulated secretion. According to the instructions, the therapeutic effect of Omez does not depend on the nature of the stimulus.
Odomez D Domperidone, which is part of Omez, has an antiemetic effect, raises the tone of the lower esophageal sphincter, and also accelerates gastric emptying while slowing down this process.
As a rule, the effect of the drug comes quickly, within the first hour after administration, and lasts for at least a day.
Indications for use
What helps? Omez is prescribed for such diseases as peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, reflux esophagitis, gastrointestinal ulcer, which was caused by stress, pancreatitis, systemic mastocytosis, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, with the appointment of complete destruction Helicature Helicopter .
- Gullet ulcer.
- Gastric or duodenal ulcer, potentiated by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Stressful ulcer.
- Gastroesophageal reflux.
- Gastroesophageal reflux with esophagitis.
- Gastrojejunal ulcer.
- Peptic ulcers of the stomach and duodenum.
- Erosive and ulcerative esophagitis.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Other diseases of the esophagus.
- Systemic mastocytosis.
Also, the drug is prescribed as part of complex therapy to eliminate erosive and ulcerative pathologies of the intestine and stomach, provoked by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
The use of the drug Omez is not appointed:
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding (lactation);
- For children under the age of 18;
- Mechanical bowel obstruction;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- When hypersensitivity to the components of the drug Omez.
The instruction warns about the caution of using Omez to people with impaired renal and / or liver function.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and breastfeeding of a child, treatment with this drug is not practiced.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Omez is taken orally, 30 minutes before a meal, drinking plenty of water (the contents of the capsule cannot be chewed).
If the patient is not able to swallow the capsule whole, you can mix its contents with a slightly acidified liquid, juice or fruit puree. Do not dissolve the contents of the capsule in carbonated drinks or milk. The resulting mixture should be ingested immediately after preparation.
Dosage for adult patients:
1) When gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), depending on the severity of esophagitis, is prescribed from 20 mg to 80 mg per day. The duration of the main course also depends on the severity of esophagitis and is 4-8 weeks. Maintenance therapy should be carried out in the smallest effective dose, incl. on demand, intermittent courses. The duration of maintenance therapy is determined by the doctor.
2) In case of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer (including for the prevention of relapse), the drug is prescribed 20 mg 1 time per day; patients resistant to treatment with other anti-ulcer drugs, Omez is prescribed at a dose of 40 mg / day. The course of treatment for duodenal ulcer - 2 weeks, if necessary - up to 4 weeks; with gastric ulcer - 4-8 weeks.
3) For hypersecretory conditions (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, stressful ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract, multiple endocrine adenomatosis, systemic mastocytosis), the drug is administered at a dose of 60 mg; if necessary, increase the dose to 80-120 mg / day (in this case, the dose should be divided into 2-3 doses).
4) For the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in infected patients with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer on the recommendations of the Maastricht-4 working group, Omez can be included in the following treatment regimens:
- First line (standard triple regimen): Omez 20 mg 2 times / day + clarithromycin 500 mg 2 times / day + amoxicillin 1000 mg 2 times / day. To increase the effectiveness of therapy, it is possible to prescribe the drug Omez in a dose of 40 mg (2 capsules of 20 mg) 2 times / day (doubling the standard dose) and increasing the course duration from 7 to 10-14 days;
- The second line (four-component): it is used if the standard triple therapy fails, or if the penicillin group is intolerant. Bismuth tri-potassium dicitrate (120 mg 4 times / day) in combination with Omez 20 mg 2 times / day, tetracycline (500 mg 4 times / day), metronidazole (500 mg 4 times / day) for 10 days;
- The third line and other alternative treatment options are prescribed on the basis of the study of the individual sensitivity of Helicobacter pylori to antibacterial drugs.
5) For the prevention and treatment of damage to the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum caused by the use of NSAIDs (NSAID-gastropathy), such as dyspepsia, erosion of the mucous membrane, peptic ulcer, in order to prevent Omez is prescribed in a dose of 20 mg daily 30 minutes before breakfast during the entire course of treatment of NSAIDs; for the purpose of treatment, in a dose of 20 mg 2 times / day or 40 mg 1 time / day for 4-8 weeks.
6) For the prevention of Mendelssohn's syndrome (aspiration pneumonitis), 40 mg is administered once.
Dosage for children:
1) For duodenal ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori, for children over 4 years old, weighing more than 20 kg, the drug is prescribed at a dose of 20 mg 1 time / day in combination with antibacterial drugs (the recommended dose of omeprazole in Helicobacter pylori eradication schemes in pediatric practice is 1-2 mg / kg / day).
2) For gastroesophageal reflux disease, children older than 2 years old and weighing more than 20 kg are recommended to prescribe Omez at a dose of 20 mg 1 time / day for 4-8 weeks (the recommended dose of omeprazole for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease in pediatric practice is 0.7- 3.3 mg / kg / day).
Special patient groups:
In patients with impaired renal function dose adjustment is not required.
In patients with impaired liver function, bioavailability and clearance of omeprazole increase. In this regard, the therapeutic dose should not exceed 20 mg / day.
The rate of metabolism of omeprazole in elderly patients is reduced, but dose adjustment is not required.
Despite the fact that the drug is well tolerated by patients, doctors do not exclude the development of side effects from various organs and systems. It is about the appearance of:
- Muscle weakness, myalgia;
- Exudative erythema, rash resembling urticaria, itching, baldness;
- Functional disorders of the liver, especially in patients with hepatitis;
- Nausea, discomfort, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, change in taste, stomatitis from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Symptoms of pancytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and other pathologies of the hematopoietic system, caused by impaired blood counts;
- Depression, dizziness, headaches, insomnia, hallucinations, as well as increased excitability from the central nervous system, which are recorded in the presence of concomitant diseases.
Rashes on the skin most often occur due to an allergic reaction to the components of the drug. In severe cases, the occurrence of more dangerous manifestations - anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm or angioedema.
Overdose symptoms: arrhythmia, increased sweating, headache, nausea, dry mouth, confusion, blurred vision, agitation or drowsiness.
Treatment of overdose is gastric lavage, taking activated charcoal and symptomatic therapy.
Before using the drug, the patient must consult a doctor in the following cases:
- in the presence of previously diagnosed gastric ulcer, severe liver disease, accompanied by liver failure, renal failure, jaundice, prior to surgery on the gastrointestinal tract;
- in the presence of anxiety symptoms (significant spontaneous weight loss, repeated vomiting, vomiting with blood, change the color of feces (tarry stools - melena), violation of swallowing);
- with the appearance of new symptoms or changes in existing symptoms of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with simultaneous use of one or more of the following drugs (clopidogrel, digoxin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, warfarin, cilostazol, diazepam, phenytoin, saquinavir, tacrolimus, clarithromycin, voriconazole, rifampicin, hunters, hunter, tacrolimus, clarithromycin, voriconazole, rifampicin, hunters, hunter, tacrolimus, clarithromycin;
If there are any alarming symptoms, such as significant spontaneous weight loss, frequent vomiting, dysphagia, vomiting with blood or melena, as well as in the presence of a stomach ulcer (or if a stomach ulcer is suspected), the possibility of a malignant neoplasm should be excluded, since Omez treatment can lead to a smoothing of symptoms and delay the diagnosis.
Reducing the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach under the action of proton pump inhibitors increases the growth of normal intestinal microflora and can lead to a slight increase in the risk of intestinal infections caused by bacteria of the genus Salmonella spp., Campylobacter spp., As well as Clostridium difficile bacteria.
A decrease in acidity during the administration of omeprazole may also lead to a decrease in the absorption of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin).
With simultaneous use of omeprazole with clopidogrel, a decrease in the antiplatelet effect of the latter is observed.
Patients with the risk of osteoporosis or fractures against its background should be under appropriate clinical supervision, although the causal relationship between the use of omeprazole / esomeprazole and fractures against osteoporosis has not been established.
There are reports of the occurrence of severe hypomagnesemia in patients receiving therapy with proton pump inhibitors, including omeprazole, over one year. Patients receiving therapy with omeprazole for a long time, especially in combination with digoxin or other drugs that reduce the content of magnesium in the blood plasma (diuretics), require regular monitoring of the content of magnesium.
Impact on the ability to drive motor vehicles
During the period of treatment with omeprazole, dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances may occur, therefore care should be taken when driving vehicles and performing other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
Impact on laboratory tests
Reducing the level of secretion of hydrochloric acid can lead to an increase in the concentration of chromogranin A (CgA), which affects the results of surveys to identify neuroendocrine tumors. To prevent this effect, therapy with proton pump inhibitors should be suspended 5 days prior to conducting a CgA concentration study.
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Omeprazole and clarithromycin when administered orally together mutually increase plasma concentrations of each other.
- Omez enhances the inhibitory effect on the hematopoietic system of other drugs.
- When taken simultaneously with antacid agents interaction is not marked.
- With simultaneous use of omeprazole can reduce the absorption of iron salts, ampicillin esters, ketoconazole and itraconazole.
- Omez can increase the concentration and reduce the excretion of phenytoin, indirect anticoagulants (warfarin) and diazepam, which may require a reduction in the recommended doses of these drugs.
- With simultaneous use with omeprazole in a dose of 20 mg 1 time per day, plasma concentrations of the following substances did not change: theophylline, caffeine, diclofenac, metoprolol, ethanol, piroxicam, naproxen, cyclosporine, quinidine, propranolol, lidocaine and estradiol.
We picked up some reviews of people using the Omez drug:
- Anton. I have high acidity, and this drug just saves me, to be honest. After a week of treatment it became much better. I did not feel pain anymore. (Sometimes there are cramps, but still rarely). And I also love to drink Coca-Cola, so I can’t do without Omez if I don’t want to earn an ulcer at such a young age. Well, while I accept.
- Denis. “Omez” is a very good drug with a wide spectrum of action. It can be used for pain in the stomach and heartburn. The doctor gave a recommendation to take two capsules a day, morning and evening. Disappeared pain, heartburn. Improved overall condition. An important factor is that the drug is not very expensive, I bought it for 157 rubles. Now he is constantly in my home first aid kit. Interestingly, in addition to it, you did not have to buy anything. Peel "Omez" and chamomile infusion.
- Maria. I strongly suffer from back pain, and constantly need to prick painkillers. And not ordinary analgin, and ampoules like dekloberla. The stomach went to hell. You have to drink omez to protect your stomach a little. I use it exclusively for prevention, so I can’t say anything specifically about the treatment.
The following drugs are made on the basis of omeprazole:
In addition, there are a number of medicines with a similar effect on the body, but with a different composition. Among them:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Which is better - Omez or Omeprazole?
It is difficult to say which of these drugs is better, since both drugs have the same therapeutic effect, have the same indications and the same active ingredient. The difference between medicines is only in the auxiliary components and the manufacturer.
Omez is made by an Indian pharmaceutical company, and Omeprazole is Russian. In Omeprazole, the active substance is represented in the maximum amount, whereas in Omez there are auxiliary substances that soften the side reactions. Omeprazole produced in Russia is quite different budget price and cheaper than Omez.
Omez is not an original, but an analogue drug, which began to be produced as a substitute for the expensive Losek facility. Therefore, the active substance of Omez a little slower reaches the maximum concentration in the blood and is rapidly eliminated from the body.
Nolpaz or Omez?
Means Nolpaz has a similar effect, reducing the level of hydrochloric acid and eliminating the symptoms of gastrointestinal diseases. The composition Nolpaz includes the active component Pantoprazole. This medicine sometimes acts more quickly.
Omez or De Nol?
De Nol is an anti-ulcer drug that contains bismuth subcitrate. How to take Omez and De Nol depends on the severity and characteristics of the disease. But this should be done according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a dry place out of reach of children at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C. The shelf life of the capsules is 3 years, and that of the lyophilisate for preparing the solution is 2 years.