Snoop - medicinal nasal drops with vasoconstrictor action.
The drug belongs to sympathomimetics, the main active ingredient is - - Xylometazoline alpha adrenomimetic hydrochloride. Xlilometazolin has a stimulating effect on the alpha adrenoceptors of the muscle cells of the nasal mucosa.
As a result, the vessels constrict and disappear the main symptoms of the common cold - congestion, rhinorrhea, thickening and redness of the nasal mucosa and paranasal sinuses. Snoop is able to eliminate the symptoms of a runny nose caused by viruses, bacteria and allergies.
After application, the positive effect develops in the first minutes and lasts up to 5 hours, then within 3-5 hours the effect diminishes, and it becomes necessary to reuse the drug.
Vasoconstrictor drug for local use in the ENT practice.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Snoop spray in pharmacies? The average price is 190 rubles.
Composition and release form
The clear solution is available in polyethylene bottles with a special spray valve. A volume of 15 ml is designed for 150 doses. Each pack of cardboard contains 1 bottle with the attached instructions from the manufacturer.
- 1 ml of solution contains 0.5 (or 1.0) mg of xylometazoline hydrochloride. Auxiliary components: potassium dihydrophosphate, sea water, purified water.
Baby Snoop is available as a colorless solution with a concentration of 0.05%.
Snoop drops for the nose are a means of vasoconstrictor effect, exhibiting alpha-adrenomimetic activity. According to the instructions, they are applied topically to the treatment of ENT organs. The active ingredient Xylometazoline constricts blood vessels, eliminates mucosal hyperemia, helps reduce edema, restores the patency of the nasal passages and facilitates nose breathing. The drug begins to act after a few minutes, continues to work for several hours (6-8).
Xylometazoline is an imidazole derivative, improves the secretion of mucous secretions. When applied topically, the drug is practically not absorbed, so the concentration in the blood plasma is low and is not determined by modern analytical methods. In case of nasal application, the solution is able to influence the systemic blood flow, show side effects from the central nervous system and the heart. The manual states that there is no data on pharmacokinetics due to the lack of human trials.
Indications for use
Snoop is used for the symptomatic treatment of ENT diseases:
- exacerbations of allergic rhinitis;
- acute respiratory diseases with a runny nose;
- otitis media (drops used in combination with other means to reduce edema).
Also, doctors prescribe the drug to patients to prepare for rhinoscopy and other methods of examination of the nasal passages. Drops help to improve their permeability, thereby facilitating the procedure.
All vasoconstrictor drops can not be used for:
- persistent hypertension;
- neglected atherosclerosis;
- atrophic rhinitis, that is, significant thinning of the mucous membrane and dying off of its nerve endings;
- taking antidepressants and MAO inhibitors.
Before using the medication, consult a physician if diagnosed:
- angina pectoris;
- urological diseases.
You also can not forget that any chemical can cause the development of an allergic reaction.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Snoop during pregnancy is contraindicated. It is recommended to interrupt breastfeeding, if necessary, use of the drug during lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Spray Snoop is intended for intranasal use by injecting into each nasal passage, previously cleaned before the procedure.
- Children aged 2 to 6 years old 1 injection of nasal spray 0.05% in each nostril (if necessary, can be repeated) up to 3 times / day.
- Adults and children from the age of 6 years old are prescribed 1 injection of Snoop nasal spray 0.1% in each nostril (if necessary, can be repeated) up to 3 times / day.
The drug should not be used more than 3 times / day. The duration of treatment is no more than 5-7 days.
Against the background of the application of nasal spray Snoop may develop pathological adverse reactions from various systems:
- Digestive system - rarely vomiting.
- Respiratory system - irritation, dryness of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, accompanied by burning, sneezing, increased secretion of mucus, less often develop swelling of the nasal mucosa.
- Nervous system - rarely can a headache, insomnia develop, various visual impairments, prolonged and pronounced deterioration of mood (depression) against the background of high doses of the drug.
- Cardiovascular system - the appearance of a sensation of heartbeat, an increase in heart rate (tachycardia) or a violation of their rhythm (arrhythmia), an increase in the level of systemic arterial pressure (arterial hypertension).
Almost all pathological negative reactions are dose-dependent. When they appear, reduce the dosage of the drug. If this does not lead to the disappearance of side effects, the use of Snoop spray should be stopped and consult a medical specialist.
Symptoms of an overdose of Snoop are increased side effects and increased dryness of the mucous membrane. With prolonged uncontrolled use, hypersecretion of the glands of the nasal cavity, mucosal atrophy may develop. Symptomatic therapy is carried out as a treatment, Snoop's reception is canceled, the doctor controls the patient's condition.
Snoop accidental ingestion can lead to dizziness, sweating, low fever, headache, bradycardia, arterial hypertension, respiratory depression, coma. Children are more sensitive to toxicity than adults. Severe overdose threatens cardiac arrest, in this case, resuscitation should last at least an hour.
Before using the drug should be cleaned nasal passages.
Do not use the drug for a long time (for example, in chronic rhinitis).
Interaction with other drugs
The drug is incompatible with MAO inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Snoop spray:
- Sonya. In general, the drops are good, which by the way is inexpensive. I use only them at a cold, but there is one big minus. They are addictive with long use. Even if the rhinitis is no more, the nose still lays. So to say, irritates the mucous membrane and dryness appears in the nose. And you have to stop using them and endure until it goes away, so that you can breathe again, that is, addiction comes. And if you continue to use, then you can not refuse from the SNUP, you have to scour every morning, or even during the day.
- Liza. The first time I bought Snoop, because it is a Spanish production, it must be of high quality. Now I am treated only with this drug, and my runny nose often happens, especially in the cold. I can call a couple of other good drops for the nose, but Snoop begins to act in a minute. I have never received such an effect. Snoop still does not flow down his throat, this is also a plus.
- Nataliya. I use Snoop during a runny nose always, because it helps me well, the congestion passes almost instantly, and it lasts a long time, I have enough hours for six or eight. I have diabetes, the annotation indicates that it is necessary to apply with caution, I did not feel any changes in the condition, the blood sugar did not rise, I think that it is possible to continue using it, there will be no harm! The cost is quite real, you can buy without thinking, for me it is easier to use just spray, it is much more convenient than drops, zilch and breathe again easily!
- For carrying;
- Renorus drops;
- Renorus spray;
- Sanorin Xylo;
- Tizin Xylo;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Snoop nasal spray shelf life is 5 years. It must be stored in intact original packaging, in a dark, dry place at air temperatures not higher than + 25 ° C.
After the first opening of the bottle, the spray must be used for a period of time not more than 3 months. Keep out of the reach of children.