Trimetazidine is an antihypoxic and antianginal drug. Improves the metabolism of neurosensory organs and the heart muscle in ischemia.
The main active ingredient of the drug Trimetazidine has an antihypoxic effect on cardiomyocytes (heart muscle cells) and neurocytes (cells of the nervous system). It contributes to increasing the resistance of cells to insufficient oxygen supply (hypoxia) by improving the course of metabolic processes, the accumulation of ATP (adenazintriphosphoric acid, which is the main supplier of energy inside the cells). Antihypoxic effect leads to an improvement in the functional state of the heart, its contractility.
The time to reach the maximum plasma concentration in the blood is about 5 hours. Over 24 hours the concentration of a substance in the blood plasma is maintained at a level exceeding 75% of the maximum concentration determined over 11 hours. With regular intake, the equilibrium concentration is reached after 60 hours.
A drug that improves the metabolism of the myocardium and neurosensory organs in ischemia.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does trimetazidine in pharmacies? The average price is at 130 rubles.
Composition and release form
Dosage forms release Trimetazidine MB:
- modified-release tablets, coated / film-coated: from pink to brownish-pink, round, biconvex, on the same side with the mark; the core in the transverse section is from almost white or white to white with a yellowish tinge.
- tablets of the prolonged action, film coated: from light pink to pink, round, biconvex; the core in cross section is white or almost white.
Ingredients 1 modified release tablet:
- active ingredient: trimetazidine dihydrochloride - 35 mg;
- additional components: colloidal silicon dioxide - 2 mg; anhydrous calcium phosphate - 157 mg; hypromellose - 50 mg; magnesium stearate - 1.5 mg; Crospovidone - 2.5 mg; talc - 2 mg;
- shell: Opadry II pink (85F34610) (polyvinyl alcohol - 40%; titanium dioxide - 24.24%; macrogol 3350 - 20.2%; talc - 14.8%; dye iron oxide yellow - 0.37%; dye oxide iron red - 0.36%; dye iron oxide black - 0.03%) - 8 mg.
The composition of 1 tablet of prolonged action:
- active ingredient: trimetazidine dihydrochloride - 35 mg;
- additional components: magnesium stearate - 1.55 mg; colloidal silicon dioxide, 1.55 mg; hypromellose - 93 mg; microcrystalline cellulose - 178.9 mg;
- casing: Opadry II 85F240012 pink (macrogol-3350 - 2.448 mg; talc - 1.48 mg; polyvinyl alcohol - 4 mg; dye red iron oxide - 0.04 mg; dye yellow iron oxide - 0.022 mg; titanium dioxide - 2, 02 mg) - 10 mg.
Ordinary Trimetazidine is also produced (without MB prefix) in the dosage of 20 active ingredients.
Trimetazidine is a drug that helps normalize the energy metabolism of cells that have undergone ischemia or hypoxia. The drug prevents the reduction of ATP content inside cells, ensures the normal functioning of ionic membrane channels, transmembrane transfer of potassium and sodium ions, and maintains cell homeostasis. Trimetazidine inhibits the process of fatty acid oxidation due to the selective inhibition of 3-ketoacetyl-CoA thiolase, leading to increased glucose oxidation processes and the restoration of the link between oxidative decarboxylation and glycolysis, thereby contributing to the protection of myocardium from ischemia.
The basis of the antianginal action of the drug is the process of switching the oxidation of fatty acids to the oxidation of glucose. The drug helps to maintain the energy metabolism of neurosensory organs and the heart during ischemic episodes; reduces intracellular acidosis and changes in the ionic transmembrane flow occurring during ischemia; reduces the degree of infiltration and migration in the reperfusion and ischemic tissues of the heart of polynuclear neutrophils, reduces the degree of myocardial damage, without affecting hemodynamics.
With angina, Trimetazidine reduces the frequency of attacks, after two weeks of taking the drug increases tolerance to physical exertion, decreases blood pressure drops. The drug helps to improve hearing, reduce tinnitus and dizziness.
In the presence of vascular pathology of the eye helps to restore the functional activity of the retina.
Indications for use
Indications for the appointment of Trimetazidine are:
- Chorioretinal vascular disorders.
- Vertigo vascular origin.
- Cochleo-vestibular disorders (hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness).
- Prevention of angina attacks, coronary heart disease (as part of a comprehensive treatment or as monotherapy).
- glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance;
- Parkinson's disease and symptoms of parkinsonism;
- severe renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / min);
- lactation period;
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the drug.
Trimetazidine is taken with caution in the following cases:
- severe liver failure;
- moderate renal failure (creatinine clearance 30-60 ml / min);
- age over 75 years.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Trimetazidine MV (35 mg of the active substance) is taken orally, without chewing, entirely with water, preferably with a meal.
- Recommended regimen: 2 times a day (morning and evening), 1 tablet (maximum). The duration of the course is determined by the doctor individually.
Patients with moderate renal insufficiency, including elderly patients (with creatinine clearance 30-60 ml / min), Trimetazidine MB 35 mg tablets should be taken 1 time per day in the morning. It is necessary to select a dose to patients older than 75 years with extreme caution.
Trimetazidine tablets or capsules, 20 mg each
Designed for oral administration (ingestion). They are taken with food, not chewed and washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid.
- The recommended therapeutic dosage is 20 mg 3 times a day. Allowed to increase to 40-60 mg, if necessary.
The mode and duration of the use of this medication is determined by the attending physician individually, depending on the severity of heart ischemia or brain structures.
While taking Trimetazidine tablets or capsules, it is possible that undesirable pathological reactions may develop on the part of certain organs and systems:
- allergic reactions: often - urticaria, pruritus, skin rash;
- digestive system: often - dyspepsia, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain;
- cardiovascular system: rarely - flushing to the skin of the face, orthostatic hypotension;
- central nervous system: often - headache and dizziness; very rarely - akinesia, tremor and rigidity, passing after the abolition of Trimetazidine;
- other reactions: often - asthenic cider.
Data on overdose of Trimetazidine capsules or tablets today are limited. In case of overdose, symptomatic therapy is carried out in a medical institution. There is no specific antidote for the drug.
If an attack of angina occurs, the treatment should be reviewed and adapted.
The drug is not intended for the relief of strokes, for the initial course of treatment of stable angina or myocardial infarction.
Care must be taken when driving and engaging in other potentially hazardous activities that require increased concentration and psychomotor speed.
Interaction with other drugs
Trimetazidine enhances the anti-ischemic activity of other antianginal drugs.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Trimetazidine:
- Nataliya. The therapist prescribed "Preductal", but when I found out its cost in the pharmacy, I almost left ... It's good that the pharmacist recommended that I replace it with a cheaper equivalent - Trimetazidine. After five days of treatment, I forgot about heart trouble. Gradually I began to feel a surge of strength and now I feel much better!
- Alexander. On the recommendation of a doctor, for many years I regularly use Trimetazidine 20 mg one tablet in the morning and evening. At the same time I take Egilok and Sidnopharm. I believe that it was in connection with this that I had a balance in my body: much less often, attacks of angina pectoris, which I immediately stop, my blood pressure returned to normal, and my ear noise disappeared. And in order not to be afraid of sudden dizziness, I constantly walk with a cane. For my age (82 years old) I consider this situation to be normal. The action of trimetazidine and its cost is considered acceptable.
- Olga Trimetazidine acted somewhere in the second week, I take 2 tablets a day. It happens that the head hurts from the medication, but rarely, the doctor advised him to take it all the time, very glad that it was at least inexpensive.
Analogs of Trimetazidine with similar pharmacological action, the list:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Trimetazidine tablets or capsules should be stored in the original factory packaging, in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.