Chondrolone is a chondroprotective drug used to regulate metabolic processes in cartilage, relieve pain and slow down the development of degenerative diseases of the spine and joints.
The scope of use of this drug is degenerative diseases of the spine and joints. In their structure, chondroprotectors are fragments of natural cartilage tissue required for the formation and maintenance of the articular cartilage in the “working” state. They have a moderate analgesic effect and slowly but surely improve the functional characteristics of the joints.
Hondrolone is administered intramuscularly in one ampoule every second day. Subject to good tolerance, starting with the fourth injection, the dose of the drug can be doubled. The therapeutic course provides from 25 to 35 injections with the possibility of a repeated course in six months.
A drug that regulates the metabolism of cartilage tissue.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Hondrolone in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 800 rubles.
Composition and release form
The tool is available in the form of compacted in tablet-white mass (lyophilisate) in ampoules for preparing a solution for injection.
- The main active ingredient of the drug is chondroitin sulfate, obtained from the extract from cattle cartilage.
The set of ampoules Hondrolon also includes a solvent.
The active ingredient of the drug reduces degenerative changes in the cartilage tissue of the joints, affecting the metabolic processes directly in hyaline cartilage, restores cartilage tissue, normalizes the production of intraarticular fluid. This helps reduce joint pain, as well as significantly improve their mobility.
The use of Hondrolone helps to stimulate the regeneration of cartilage tissue and the biosynthesis of glucosaminoglycans. Three weeks after the start of Chondrolone, you can notice positive changes, and in some cases, the improvements become noticeable within two weeks after starting treatment.
After the start of treatment, the patients feel better, the clinical manifestations of reactive synovitis disappear, and the joint pains become much weaker or disappear completely. Most patients noted a very rapid increase in range of motion in diseased joints. The therapeutic effect of the use of chondrolone persists for a long time, even after the end of treatment with this drug.
Indications for use
Hondrolone is intended for the preparation of the solution and its subsequent injection. Indications for the appointment of injections Hondrolon are the following states:
- osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome;
- degenerative processes in the joints, accompanied by the destruction of cartilage tissue;
- a period of rehabilitation after suffering injuries and fractures in order to stimulate the early formation of callus.
Chondrolone is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to chondroitin sulfate and auxiliary components of the drug.
Lyophilisate and capsules can not be prescribed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
In addition, it is contraindicated to use lyophilisate for the treatment of patients with a tendency to bleeding, with thrombophlebitis, as well as in pediatrics for the treatment of children and adolescents.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The drug Hondrolone in the form of injections is not prescribed to women during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that research on the safety of the solution for the development of the fetus and the course of pregnancy has not been carried out as a whole and the experience of using the drug is limited among expectant mothers.
Injections Hondrolon is not prescribed to nursing mothers, since the active ingredient of the drug is excreted in breast milk. If necessary, drug therapy should resolve the issue of termination of lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, Chondrolone solution is administered intramuscularly in a dose of 100 mg (1 ampoule) every other day.
Before use, the contents of the ampoule are dissolved in 1 ml of water for injection. With good tolerance, the dose is increased to 200 mg (2 ampoules), starting with the fourth injection. The course of treatment is 25-35 injections. Repeated courses - in 6 months. The duration of repeated courses of treatment is determined by the doctor.
To achieve a stable clinical effect, at least 25 injections of chondrolone are necessary, and the effect lasts for a long time after the end of the repeated course of treatment.
Experience in the use of the drug in children.
Hondrolone may cause some side effects. The main ones include:
- Hemorrhages under the skin at the injection site;
- Rash and itching on the skin;
There are no data on cases of drug overdose.
There is no data on overdose. If you comply with the scheme of use overdose excluded.
Alcohol does not affect the action of the drug.
Children under 15 years old are not prescribed the drug because there is no information about its effect on the child.
During pregnancy, Hondrolone does not apply, because there is no data on the effect of the drug on the fetus. During lactation should stop breastfeeding for the entire period of treatment.
Compatibility with other drugs
Hondrolone may enhance the effect of indirect anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytics, which requires more frequent monitoring of blood coagulation parameters in the combined use of drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Hondrolone:
- Natalia. I have been ill with arthritis of the knee joints for more than 15 years. The disease passes almost unnoticed. True, in the spring and autumn I immediately feel pain in the knees, and yes even the work is sedentary. This medication was prescribed by my doctor. The low cost in comparison with imported drugs also played a role in the acquisition of this particular drug by me. The drug helps if you drink it for at least two months, and then a break.
- Lana We decided to conduct a course of chondrolone with dad (he is 74 years old). I have arthrosis, he has polyarthritis. Pierced through one course. The drug helped us feel better. But the pain and limited mobility remained. Probably worth doing another course. I did not like the fact that the course turns out to be very long - you get tired of injections. Well, and plant medicine is not very convenient. I do not know, maybe it is produced in bottles, but I did not like it in ampoules. There, as if pressed powder in an ampoule, it must be diluted with water. The ampoule has to be shaken, and it is impossible to pinch with a finger - sterility is broken. If you do not pinch anything - the solution is sprayed.
- Kirill. I am engaged in power lifting, I need chondroprotectors as in this sport joints first of all suffer. With one hundred percent guarantee I can say that chondrolone is an effective drug for both treatment and prevention. At least 2 times a year I take the prophylactic complex glucosamine and chondroitin, the list of which includes: chondronol, glucosamine plus and chondroxide forte. For full effect, I can still advise the horse dose ointment - an excellent warming effect.
Diseases of the joints are the second most common after problems with the cardiovascular system. Pharmacies have a lot of drugs that act both symptomatically and the main cause of the pathology. Among the analogues of Hondrolon are the following:
- Chondrogard Russian drug based on chondroitin. The package contains 10 ampoules. Scheme of application and indications correspond to Hondrolon.
- Alflutop. The drug is based on natural ingredients. As an active ingredient, an extract of marine fish is used, which is rich in chondroitin, hyaluronic acid and other compounds necessary for healthy joints. Restores the structure of cartilage tissue, reduces the inflammatory process and pain. Available in the form of ampoules. The medicinal solution is injected intramuscularly at intervals of once every three days. After completing the course, the therapeutic effect can last up to 4 months.
- Mukosat. Chondroitin-based drug. One 2 ml vial contains 200 mg of the active ingredient. It inhibits joint degeneration processes and reduces the symptoms of the disease. It contributes to the restoration of cartilaginous surfaces, increases the amplitude of movements and the quality of life of the patient. Manufacturer - Republic of Belarus.
- Artradol. The drug is based on chondroitin sulfate, an analog of Chondrolone in composition and therapeutic effect. It is prescribed for degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints. Manufacturer - Russia.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Keep out of the reach of children. Storage conditions:
- lyophilisate: at temperatures up to 20 ° C in a dark place;
- capsules - at a temperature up to 25 ° C, in a place protected from moisture;
- gel - at a temperature up to 25 ° C.
Expiration date: lyophilisate, capsules - 3 years; gel - 2 years.